tips to survive the feasting season.
This is the busiest time of year for most people and the best way to survive it is to get yourself armed and ready. Here are some tips to help you get through all the dinners, parties, family events and more:
- Pay attention to your actions, what you are doing and why. Be conscious of what you eat and how much. Many people will eat to calm their emotions, to fill the uncomfortable silence at a party or use a celebration as a excuse to overindulge. Understanding your behavior is the key to changing it.
- Shop and Cook well for yourself. The only thing we can control is ourselves and our environment. Get ahead of things by buying healthy food at home and cooking your meals– eat before parties so don’t fill up on junk. You know there will be unhealthy apps & dessert at all parties so bring something healthier to the party so you know there is something to balance it out.
- Exercise Your Body. Your schedule will be very hectic this season so schedule your workouts in like you would a party. It’s important to move your body at least 3 times a week and its a great stress reliever too.
- Learn to say “No”. You might not be aware of all the extra food you consume just because people are offering it to you. Decide if it is something you really want before just grabbing for it. See tip #1 again.
- Hydrate. A lot of times our hunger is a cry for water so keep a water with you at all times. If you are drinking alcohol, try to alternate with water to keep yourself hydrated.
- BE GRATEFUL. Everyone is trying to do the best they can. Know that the main ingredient in holiday meals is LOVE. So, Its okay to have that dessert and not feel guilty. Just remember to be thankful for all you have in your life as you are a lucky person filled and surrounded with love.
If you have questions or want more tips, feel free to contact me to set up a free consultation to get you healthier and feeling the glow!